Will Connects 2040 reflects the diverse interests and issues of our rural and urban-area residents and businesses. Will Connects 2040 considers all modes and modal connections, including roads, transit (bus and commuter rail), bicycle and pedestrian, aviation, intermodal networks, and freight (truck, rail, and waterborne) movement throughout the County. Will Connects 2040 will:
- Evaluate the transportation system in light of forecasted population and employment growth between now and 2040;
- Identify transportation trends, issues, and challenges facing the County;
- Establish a specific strategic direction and priorities for transportation project investments and ways to track progress;
- Evaluate a range of alternative future scenarios to understand impacts to the transportation and how to address them; and
- Conduct a financial analysis and ultimately recommend a set of future multimodal investments.